Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Unhealthy Rowan Obsession

I would like to say that Clinton and Stacy would be very proud of me. In my search for jeans I (amazingly) found a pair that fit really well except for the fact they were way too long. So, taking a cue from What Not to Wear, I had them altered and I LOVE how they fit now. I am now a true believer in getting things altered. Thank you Clinton and Stacy, you are my fashion heros. Anyways this pair of jeans was a little spendy so it pretty much broke my meager clothes budget (being the poor student that I am) for Fall. I justified the purchase by telling myself they make my butt look 20x better....I was even tempted to take a picture of it but I didn't think most people really wanted to see that. So I will show you these instead: So, like I said yesterday, I pretty much want to make everything in the Vintage Knits book. Numbered from left to right, here's some descriptions: 1. Salina: I haven't made a "real" sweater yet and I think this would be a good one to start with. I think it looks really classic and i really want to work with the felted tweed, so this may be the first one I tackle 2. Monette: I've been looking for a scarf to make for my mom and this seems like a good one. I like the fact that it's made with kidsilk haze...plus the model looks like Uma Thurman. And I do love Uma. 3. Laurent: I LOVE this one, minus the flowers. I think the flowers are cute, but there is some embroidery involved....and I do not see that going well for me. So I'm thinking of doing it in felted tweed in this color. 4. Joy: I think this is so pretty too, but I'm guessing it would take forever and I don't think I can handle that right now. After the Clapotis I need something with at least a little quicker gratification. 5. Demi: I love this one too, although making bobbles scares me a bit. 6. Fleur: I love the fact that this one is half capelet/half cardigan and that there are no buttons. I have some problems with cardigan buttons doing a rather unattractive "gaping" thing since my chest is a little on the large side, so no buttons = good in my book. 7. Tyrolean: This one is really cute too, although I would probly leave the embroidery off (I love it but, again, I do not forsee embroidery going well for me). 8. Aimee: I love the sheerness of this one and that it uses kidsilk haze. I'm not sure how much use I would get out of it though. So that's my little summary. I'm probly gonna start on either Salina or Laurent after I get the Clapotis done. I've been wanting to start on Eunny's vest though too, so we'll have to see.

No comments: